Jul 5, 2011

A little "R and R" in God's creation

Well, the summer warmth is finally, at long last, upon us.  July generally seems to be a down time month so my posting will continue but perhaps not as frequently.  Even Pope Benedict is on "vacation" as Papal vacations go. Take a brisk walk, rest in prayer and the scriptures, visit another Catholic Church, read a good book, eat well, sleep longer, take pictures, enjoy family and friends, hike the mountains or enjoy the water (safely), go somewhere you have never been or haven't seen for a long time . . . Don't leave this Blog, however!  If you like, take some time to browse past postings - there are 200 of them overall that I've offered to you good readers.  There are usually four per page but take a walk through the earlier posts section down below.  Just click any date you like in the drop down menu.

Let me know what you think and feel in the comment sections of each one if you like.  I'd love to hear from any one of my many readers.  

In the meantime, take some deserved R and R.  Enjoy family and friends and stay tuned. More to come ...

God of rest and peace,
grant us the luxury of time and help us to appreciate
and to recognize in creation around us
and in the beauty of human life,
your handiwork, your glory, and your love.
Give us rest to restore our spirits and our faith.
May your Spirit guide us always
to never forget that all good things come from you
and that we are responsible for all that we use and enjoy. 
Glory be to the Father,
and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit. 

Amen

1 comment:

Ada said...

Dear Fr Tim: Good words of wisdom. I just came back from my native country which I have not been in 56 years. Certainly a bittersweet experience and a heartbreaking and yet heartwarming one as well. All in all, I did visit some churches I never visited before, even attended a mass where the priest celebrant was in a wheel chair. What a brave man to do that. It appeared to me he was suffering from Muscular Dystrophy. He had to be helped throughout the mass by an assistant. A great and humbling experience.