Feb 13, 2016

1st Sunday of Lent: Jesus temptation and ours





"If you are the Son of God . . ."


To my readers, I apologize for the lack of my Sunday reflection here but after the usual time I take for study, prayer and preparation, I went to paste the reflection here in this space and accidentally deleted all the work I had done!!  If the evil one was pleased it was at that moment. But, God's grace will be sufficient here. We'll have to see how my Sunday homily turns out this week with no notes to rely on.   

You can certainly find other very good explanations for this first Sunday of Lent through other sources.  Bishop Robert Barron from his website Word on Fire

Bishop Barron offers his usual outstanding insights.  So, let us keep each other in prayer this holy season.  If I am able to recover my thoughts, I will post them here.  Peace to all. 

Grant, almighty God, 
through the yearly observances of holy Lent, 
that we may grow in understanding
 of the riches hidden in Christ
and by worthy conduct pursue their effects.
Through our Lord Jesus Christ, your son, 
who lives and reigns with you
in the unity of the Holy Spirit, 
one God, for ever and ever. 

(Roman Missal: Collect of Sunday)




No comments: